Happy 420! Hemp and Synergistic Herbs with Dr Josie Beug on Your Natural Dog Podcast
In honor of 4/20, Dr. Josie Beug is joining us on the podcast to discuss the power of cannabis and other herbs for our pets. She shares some of the history behind natural medicine, discusses the veterinary opioid crisis, and explains how the five elements can inform the treatment we give to animals. Dr. Josie is a licensed veterinarian, healer, acupuncturist, and Death Dhoula who decided to become a vet when she realized holistic medicine could help animals the same way it had helped her.
- How were you introduced to herbs and holistic medicine for animals? (2:12)
- As an empath, it’s difficult to see animals in pain, but holistic methods can help (7:59)
- We’re in the midst of an opioid crisis in veterinary medicine (11:15)
- Natural medicine is the original medicine (14:39)
- The five elements are the components of creation and destruction cycles (18:49)
- How does Chinese medicine work in the world of pets? (24:02)
- How to get involved with Dr. Josie’s work (27:54)
- Sacred Medicine: Mystical Practices for Ecstatic Living
- Dr. Josie’s Website
- Dr. Josie’s Gateway to Gaia
- Mollie and Me Website
- Follow Dr. Josie on Facebook
- Have a question about your pet that you want answered on the podcast? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for 10% off your first purchase on the Your Natural Dog store
- CBD Dog Health
- Your Natural Dog
Note: Like all discount codes, promos from this episode don’t last furever!
Related: Is CBD Right For My Pet?
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. She operates a rescue farm, Fire Flake Farm, in Florida. In addition, she owns Beautify the Beast, a natural pet salon and shop. Moreover, Angela got her certificate in Medical Cannabis Biology and Therapeutic use from the University of Vermont School of Medicine. Next, she founded CBD Dog Health to provide high quality, all-natural medical cannabis products designed specifically for pets.
Accordingly, she uses Full Spectrum Hemp Extract on all her pets at her rescue farm every day since 2016. Angela has five dogs. Odie a 15-year-old mini-schnauzer, Nina a 9-year-old Doberman. Jolene a 9-year-old mutt, Maza a 9-year-old mutt, and Rhemi a 9-year-old poodle. In addition, she has 4-10 more any time she is fostering or boarding. She is a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and the Veterinary Cannabis Association. In fact, Angela has educated hundreds of medical doctors and veterinarians on the therapeutic uses of medical cannabis on animals.
About Dr. Josie Beug
Dr Josie Beug is a licensed veterinarian, healer, acupuncturist, Death Dhoula, herbalist, meditator, dog lover, cat worshipper and spiritual seeker. She graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with an emphasis in neurology and cognitive ethology in 1989. When she discovered the field of holistic veterinary medicine, she knew this is what she wanted to be when she grew up. She earned her DVM from University of Wisconsin in 1998, and was president of the student chapter of AHVMA for 3 years while in vet school. Dr. Beug received her acupuncture certification in 2001 from Chi University and is now teaching other students how to find those mysterious points. Additionally, she has a thriving house-call practice in Miami going on 20 years. Her side projects are a line of wild-crafted flower and stone essences and an on-line community exploring the 5 Elements of TCVM.