BED TIME ROUTINES
1. Consistency is the key. Children need 11-12 hours of sleep every night so depending on what time they need to get up and get ready in the morning, choose a bed time and stick to it every night.
2. Create a routine. Do homework, prepare for next day, take a bath, brush teeth, get in bed, read book, go to sleep.
3. Remind kids of their bed time 30 minutes and 15 minutes out until they get use to the routine and telling time.
4. Create calm time before bed time by reading a book together or writing in a journal before bed time.
5. Kids need to sleep in their own beds.
6. Keep TV and video games out of bedrooms.