Feeding Dogs Raw on a Budget with Hahnbee Choi on Your Natural Dog
If you’ve avoided raw feeding because it seems too expensive, or you’re not quite sure where to start, this episode is for you! Hahnbee Choi is the creator of The Raw Storm, a platform focused on educating and empowering pet parents around raw feeding, holistic living, and more. In this episode, Hahnbee shares practical advice for transitioning your dog to a raw diet, whether you choose to find a great raw food brand or you decide to do it yourself. Hahnbee also explains how you can feed raw on a budget, and she discusses some of her favorite nutrient-dense foods for combating common deficiencies in dogs.
- The raw food industry has exploded in the past few years, and it’s hard to keep up (0:45)
- How to choose a raw food brand (4:39)
- Supplement your dogs’ meal with other nutrients (11:35)
- DIY vs. premade raw diets (15:24)
- Every meal doesn’t need to be balanced, focus on a week’s worth of nutrients (18:08)
- How to source raw food ingredients and build a bowl (19:28)
- Use nutrient-dense foods to treat common nutrient deficiencies (23:24)
- The problem with salmon and fish oil (25:37)
- How to learn more from Hahnbee (29:50)
- Follow Hahnbee on Instagram
- The Raw Storm Website
- Have a question about your pet that you want answered on the podcast? Email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for 10% off your first purchase on the Your Natural Dog store
- CBD Dog Health
- Your Natural Dog
Note: Like all discount codes, they don’t last furever!
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. Angela owns and operates Fire Flake Farm, her animal rescue farm, as well as two locations of a natural pet salon and shop, Beautify the Beast. She’s also the founder of CBD Dog Health, which offers high quality, all-natural cannabis health and wellness products. As well as the founder of MycoDog, a sustainable mushroom tincture line designed for dogs and Your Natural Dog where she hand-picks natural products alongside trusted vets for dog owners like you.
To see Angela on her rescue farm today, surrounded by animals, is to truly see her in her element. Looking at this furry, joyful family you would never suspect that Angela and her pets were once full of aches, pains and anxiety. Angela is the mother to Odie (15-year-old mini-schnauzer), Nina (10-year-old Doberman), Jolene (9-year-old mutt), Maza (9-year-old mutt), Rhemi (10-year-old poodle), multiple ducks, roosters, chickens and geese, plus pigs Ellie and Penelope, Brenda the one-legged pigeon, and the many dogs that she fosters from time-to-time at Fire Flake Farm.
Hahnbee Choi (she/they) is the creator of The Raw Storm, a welcoming & inclusive educational platform designed to empower passionate pet parents worldwide. Through videos, articles, infographics, and more, Hahnbee can communicate complicated subjects in an easy-to-digest manner. Her work not only revolves around pet nutrition and health but racism, discrimination, social issues, and more in the pet food industry and life. Hahnbee’s unique experiences and perspectives allow for a safe and pragmatic approach from activism in the pet food community to her intersectional identity. As a storyteller, content creator, and influencer, Hahnbee is dedicated to making the world a better place through educating passionate pet owners and living authentically while doing it.