Feeding Raw Around the World with Dr. Conor Brady on Your Natural Dog Podcast
When Dr. Conor Brady started feeding raw, fresh diets to his dogs, he saw veterinary bills decrease by 80%. This realization inspired Dr. Brady to write Feeding Dogs, a book that outlines the science behind raw feeding and challenges vets and pet parents to stay away from unnatural foods. In this episode, Dr. Brady shares an update on the progress he’s seen toward bringing raw diets into the mainstream. He also shares advice for anyone looking to incorporate raw foods into their dogs’ diets.
- Change takes time, but when the industry is confronted with science, change can happen (2:21)
- The industry will find new ways to sell unnatural products to us, so it’s important to do your research (6:43)
- Dog food is packed with carbohydrates, so it’s cheap to make but unhealthy (13:17)
- Don’t assume your vet knows everything, it’s up to you to take control of your pet’s health (19:40)
- The science behind leading dog food studies is taken out of context (27:16)
- How do I help my dog get used to a raw food diet? (33:16)
- How to learn more from Dr. Brady (40:35)
- Have a question for Angela? Call (252) 377-4555 to submit it
- Enter the code RADIO at CBDdoghealth.com for 15% off your first order
- Follow Dr. Brady on Instagram and Facebook
- DogsFirst Website
- Feeding Dogs
- Sign up for a full holistic consultation with Angela Ardolino and our Veterinary Advisors
- Follow Angela on Facebook and Instagram
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. She operates a rescue farm, Fire Flake Farm, in Florida. In addition, she owns Beautify the Beast, a natural pet salon and shop. Moreover, Angela got her certificate in Medical Cannabis Biology and Therapeutic use from the University of Vermont School of Medicine. Next, she founded CBD Dog Health to provide high quality, all-natural medical cannabis products designed specifically for pets.
Accordingly, she uses Full Spectrum Hemp Extract on all her pets at her rescue farm every day since 2016. Angela has five dogs. Odie a 12-year-old mini-schnauzer, Nina an 8-year-old Doberman. Jolene a 7-year-old mutt, Maza a 7-year-old mutt, and Rhemi an 8-year-old poodle. In addition, she has 4-10 more any time she is fostering or boarding. She is a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and the Veterinary Cannabis Association. In fact, Angela has educated hundreds of medical doctors and veterinarians on the therapeutic uses of medical cannabis on animals.
Dr. Brady has a doctorate studying the effects of nutrition on the behavior and gut morphology of mammals. At first, he spent five years working with guide dogs as a pup supervisor and trainer. It was while he was working with guide dogs in Australia that the true powers of raw feeding came to light. That was 15 years ago. In the time since, bar a couple of years as a raw producer himself, Dr. Brady is now a full-time writer, speaker and dedicated advocate for natural canine food and health, much of which you can find on his website.