Holiday Pet Care Tips with Dr. Zac Pilossoph on Your Natural Dog Podcast
The holidays can be a stressful time for humans and pets alike, and when you add in toxic decorations and unfamiliar houseguests, it’s no wonder that many pets get frightened or sick at this time of year. In this episode of Your Natural Dog with Angela Ardolino, I talk with Dr. Zac Pilossoph, an emergency relief vet, about holiday pet care tips and the most common dangers to protect your pet from during the holidays. We also share advice for keeping your pets calm and discuss which foods are safe to share with your dogs.
- Nearly one in five lost pets go missing after being frightened by loud noises (1:07)
- There’s a big difference between a natural calming agent and the sedatives many vets prescribe (2:54)
- Some animals hide when scared but others run away (6:53)
- Common dangers to watch out for during the holidays (8:10)
- Help your pet stay calm during the festivities (14:27)
- Keep up your pet’s routine even when guests are visiting (17:45)
- Thunder jackets or sweaters can help with a dog’s anxiety (19:37)
- Six foods to keep away from your dogs (20:18)
- Is it OK to supplement your dog’s food with human food? (21:44)
- Have a question for Angela? Call (252) 377-4555 to submit it
- Visit CBD Dog Health to learn more about Full Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD for Dogs, Cats & Horses
- Enter the code RADIO at checkout on CBDdoghealth.com for 15% off your first order
- Follow Dr. Zac on Instagram and Facebook
- Follow Angela on Facebook and Instagram
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. She operates a rescue farm, Fire Flake Farm, in Florida. In addition, she owns Beautify the Beast, a natural pet salon and shop. Moreover, Angela got her certificate in Medical Cannabis Biology and Therapeutic use from the University of Vermont School of Medicine. Next, she founded CBD Dog Health to provide high quality, all-natural medical cannabis products designed specifically for pets.
Accordingly, she uses Full Spectrum Hemp Extract on all her pets at her rescue farm every day since 2016. Angela has five dogs. Odie a 12-year-old mini-schnauzer, Nina an 8-year-old Doberman. Jolene a 7-year-old mutt, Maza a 7-year-old mutt, and Rhemi an 8-year-old poodle. In addition, she has 4-10 more any time she is fostering or boarding. She is a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and the Veterinary Cannabis Association. In fact, Angela has educated hundreds of medical doctors and veterinarians on the therapeutic uses of medical cannabis on animals.
About Dr Zac Pilossoph
Dr. Zac Pilossoph, a Long Island, NY born, nationally recognized veterinary medical professional, a top graduate of Tufts University Veterinary School of Medicine with post-graduate focused training in E/CC and Neurology/Neurosurgery at two of the most recognized programs in the country, and a young multidimensional serial entrepreneur, has rapidly and collaboratively helped promote a new wave of global evolution and individual empowerment in more ways than one. In addition to developing and launching several novel platforms in the veterinary and mental health fields, he is now quickly joining some of the most reputable leaders in the cannabis education and innovation space.
As one of the world’s most proactive cannabis-focused experts in his respective industry, Dr. Pilossoph provides tremendous value by delivering non-bias, harm reduction education, via both large-scale speaking engagements and individualized consultations, to the global cannabis pet and vet industry. Further, he is a Certified CBD Professional Educator through the CBD Training Academy and has started a nationally influential multi-tiered cannabis brokerage firm titled Excelsior Honour Associates. Lastly, he acts as a consultant for the CBD product space in order to impart as much quality, control, and consistency across the industry as much as possible. Ultimately, through candid education, fierce collaboration, and constructive evolution, Dr. Pilossoph is reversing stigmas and advancing the safe and effective consideration of cannabis into society, for all creatures on Earth.