Journaling your Dog’s Health with Erin Scott on Your Natural Dog Podcast
As dog parents, it’s our job to pay attention to any behavioral changes and physical symptoms that our animals exhibit. And one of the best ways to keep track of everything is by journaling your dog’s health. In this episode, Erin Scott shares the inspiration behind her new product, the Dog Health Journal, that makes it easy for you to log everything from your dog’s water intake to activity to poop. She also describes some of the most important things to pay attention to when a dog is taking a new medication or exhibiting unusual symptoms.
Journal your Dog’s Health
- physical changes
- behavioral changes
- changes in routine
Also includes Vet Visit Pages so you’ll always remember your refills, questions for the vet, with space for taking notes and follow-ups.
- We need to be willing to learn, unlearn, and relearn information as pet parents (0:42)
- Don’t forget that as dogs age, their needs will change (7:10)
- When pets are prescribed medication, it’s important to track their symptoms (8:26)
- If you notice a new symptom or behavior, pay attention to what has changed (17:08)
- Fecal transplant can help heal dogs’ guts (24:01)
- Don’t be afraid to take charge and advocate for your pets’ health (24:55)
- How to connect with Erin (27:28)
- Get $2 off the Hugs and Belly Rubs Dog Health Journal with coupon code YND.
- Believe in Dog Podcast
- Follow Believe in Dog Podcast on Instagram and Facebook
- Have a question about your pet that you want answered on the podcast? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for 10% off your first purchase on the Your Natural Dog store
- CBD Dog Health
- Your Natural Dog
Note: Like all discount codes, these don’t last furever!
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. Angela owns and operates Fire Flake Farm, her animal rescue farm, as well as two locations of a natural pet salon and shop, Beautify the Beast. She’s also the founder of CBD Dog Health, which offers high quality, all-natural cannabis health and wellness products. As well as the founder of MycoDog, a sustainable mushroom tincture line designed for dogs and Your Natural Dog where she hand-picks natural products along side trusted vets for dog owner like you.
To see Angela on her rescue farm today, surrounded by animals, is to truly see her in her element. Looking at this furry, joyful family you would never suspect that Angela and her pets were once full of aches, pains and anxiety. Angela is the mother to Odie (15-year-old mini-schnauzer), Nina (10-year-old Doberman), Jolene (9-year-old mutt), Maza (9-year-old mutt), Rhemi (10-year-old poodle), multiple ducks, roosters, chickens and geese, plus pigs Ellie and Penelope, Brenda the one-legged pigeon, and the many dogs that she fosters from time-to-time at Fire Flake Farm.
About Erin Scott
Erin Scott readily admits her dogs have become the greatest healers, teachers, and inspirations in her life. And Erin loves to hear stories from other pet parents who’ve experienced the love of a dog taking their lives in a direction they didn’t expect. From the founders of companies and nonprofits to authors to pet parents doing amazing good in their community, Erin created the Believe in Dog Podcast to share these stories with you.
A self-proclaimed “Dog Health Nerd,” Erin also co-hosts The Alternative Dog Moms Podcast with Kimberly Gauthier, the blogger behind Keep the Tail Wagging, to explore what’s happening in the fresh food community and the pet industry as a whole.
After experiencing cancer, allergies and mystery illnesses with her dogs, Erin recently launched the Dog Health Journal to help pet parents have peace of mind, stay organized and never miss a detail critical to their dog’s health. Erin lives near Baltimore, Maryland, with her husband Tim, and adopted pit bulls Penny and Nino.