Lyme Disease in Dogs with Krysta Fox on Your Natural Dog Podcast
Lyme disease is often difficult to diagnose in dogs, but if you think your dog has it, there are plenty of natural remedies that can help them heal. In this episode, Krysta Fox, owner of Pug & Hound, shares an overview of the most important things pet parents need to know about Lyme disease. Krysta is an integrative veterinary technician, and both she and her dog have dealt with Lyme disease. She explains the most common signs and symptoms, describes how Lyme disease is diagnosed, and shares a variety of homeopathic and natural treatments that can help both dogs and humans find relief from this complicated illness.
RELATED: Help prevent Lyme Disease by protecting your dog from ticks. Find natural & holistic vet approved flea & tick repellents here.
- What is Lyme disease, and how do dogs get it? (3:00)
- Lyme disease is sometimes asymptomatic, and it’s often difficult to diagnose (5:05)
- How to treat Lyme disease in dogs (7:35)
- Symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs (13:15)
- Many holistic vets can help you find a treatment for your dog’s Lyme disease (17:23)
- CBD has major benefits for dogs and humans with Lyme disease (18:45)
- Essential oils and other homeopathic remedies can help treat Lyme disease (20:45)
- How to connect with Krysta (25:22)
- Pug & Hound Website
- Follow Pug & Hound on Instagram and Facebook
- Find Krysta’s articles on CBD Dog Health
- Have a question about your pet that you want answered on the podcast? Email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for 10% off your first purchase on the Your Natural Dog store
- CBD Dog Health
- Your Natural Dog
Note: Like all discount codes, promos from this episode don’t last furever!
About Angela Ardolino
Angela Ardolino is a holistic pet expert who has been caring for animals for over 20 years. She operates a rescue farm, Fire Flake Farm, in Florida. In addition, she owns Beautify the Beast, a natural pet salon and shop. Moreover, Angela got her certificate in Medical Cannabis Biology and Therapeutic use from the University of Vermont School of Medicine. Next, she founded CBD Dog Health to provide high quality, all-natural medical cannabis products designed specifically for pets.
Accordingly, she uses Full Spectrum Hemp Extract on all her pets at her rescue farm every day since 2016. Angela has five dogs. Odie a 15-year-old mini-schnauzer, Nina a 9-year-old Doberman. Jolene a 9-year-old mutt, Maza a 9-year-old mutt, and Rhemi a 9-year-old poodle. In addition, she has 4-10 more any time she is fostering or boarding. She is a member of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and the Veterinary Cannabis Association. In fact, Angela has educated hundreds of medical doctors and veterinarians on the therapeutic uses of medical cannabis on animals.
About Krysta Fox-DiRe
Krysta Fox-DiRe is an experienced integrative Veterinary Technician. Her career is inspired by her own beloved pug, Bruce Wayne and his many medical issues. With her years of experience working in traditional, holistic, and integrative practices, working alongside some of the most gifted practitioners in the industry, her varied experiences have played a key part in expanding her knowledge of veterinary medicine.
She has also previously taken on several roles within the industry, including the formulation, manufacture, and sales of raw pet food as well as consulting on animal health and nutrition. With her combined veterinary and pet industry knowledge, she can effectively help almost anyone she comes across in some way regarding their pets’ health. When she’s not working to help educate pet parents, she enjoys horseback riding and spending time with her husband, family, and friends.