SPRING BREAK CHECKLIST
Spring Break Time in Tampa Bay usually means packed parks and busy beaches. Check out these alternative ideas for a family fun Spring Break!
Out in the Neighborhood
- Many local attractions like the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens and the Lowry Park Zoo have special offers during spring break. They also have educational, interactive shows that teach them about the animals. Take the kids out for a day that is fun and allows them to learn something new.
- Plan a picnic for the family in the park. Have each person contribute something to the lunch you pack so that the day is a family event from start to finish.
- Create a garden in your own back yard. You can buy flowers and soil at your local hardware store or order organic vegetable seeds online. Plan out the garden and plant it as family. Then, watch as it blooms before your eyes.
- Take a daytime bike trip on the Suncoast Trail with the family. This will allow you to do something as a family and will be good exercise for everyone.
- Plan a weekend on St. Pete Beach where you can hang out with the kids in the sand and enjoy some well-deserved relaxation. Jump into a game of beach volleyball to stay active and practice working as a team. For more of a getaway, consider the US Virgin Islands. They offer brand new hotels that are all-inclusive, up close and personal experiences with wildlife like sea lions and have a large ecological preserve the whole family can enjoy.
Learn Something New
- Attend Candy College together and learn how to make homemade chocolates and sweet treats.
- Color Me Mine is a great place to get creative and paint personalized pottery. This will allow you and your kids to express yourselves artistically and take something home to remember the day.
Angela’s Teachable Moment: Have them make some of the candy they mastered in candy college for friends and family as an Easter surprise. Knowing that they were able to make something everyone enjoyed will boost their self-esteem. Plus, it teaches them that it is the thought that counts.